Super Cheap Hokkaido is the perfect companion for a budget holiday to Sapporo and the surrounding Hokkaido prefecture. A follow-up to the bestselling Super Cheap Japan guidebook, this book will show you exactly how, where and when you can save money on your trip. Spend next to nothing drinking local beer in Sapporo, relax in free hot springs, spend a cheap day’s hiking in the mountains or stuff yourself on inexpensive, yet super fresh sushi and sashimi; it’s all here in this amazing travel guide.
Inside the Super Cheap Hokkaido guide book:
- Budget food - comprehensive listings of low-cost restaurants, take-outs, cheap roadside stations and supermarkets, so you’ll always be able to eat on the cheap
- Budget shopping - 100 yen ($1) shops, how and where to go tax-free shopping, all the best attraction discounts and free sample hotspots
- Color maps for budget travelers, making it easy and stress-free to get around
- Highlights and itineraries for those with a rental car or people using discount train passes, so you can keep costs down while exploring all across Hokkaido
- Essential help for budget travelers - free tours, simple to understand directions, simplified transportation maps and basic Japanese phrases to help you get better prices on your trip
- Cheap accommodation - the best and cheapest hostels, family-friendly hotels, campsites, mountain lodges, capsule hotels and net cafes
- Guides to Sapporo, Niseko, Furano, Otaru, Biei, Hakodate, Matsumae Castle, the Daisetsuzan National Park, Lake Mashu, Shiretoko National Park, Abashiri and much more
The Super Cheap Hokkaido travel book is perfect for backpackers, budget travelers, families on a tight budget, students and those who are new to Hokkaido. Explore this spectacular island while keeping your bank balance happy!
Also consider Super Cheap Japan for a guide to Japan’s highlights on the main island of Honshu and Super Cheap Tokyo for the capital and Kanto region.
About the Author
Matthew Baxter is a British travel author who has traveled to Japan on countless occasions. He has traveled all across the country, visiting all the prefectures on a tight budget. He now shows the world how to enjoy a holiday on a tight budget in the Land of the Rising Sun. He writes professionally for popular websites and publications, such as GaijinPot, Japan National Tourist Association, Japan Visitor and All About Japan. His work has also been featured on BBC, NHK, A Geek in Japan and Zooming Japan.
Table of Contents
Welcome to Hokkaido
How to save on your holiday with this book
Map of Hokkaido
Hokkaido Top 5 Spots
When to go to Hokkaido
Cherry blossom viewing
Getting to and around Hokkaido
Discount transportation passes and tickets
Things to know before you visit Hokkaido
Best free apps to download before you go
Daisetsuzan National Park and central Hokkaido
Akan Mashu National Park and south-east Hokkaido
Shiretoko National Park and north-east Hokkaido
Shiretoko National Park
Japanese for budget travelers
Many thanks for reading
Also available in the Super Cheap Japan series