Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Thirty-one leading North American surgeons provide a state-of-the-art look at the surgical treatment of disorders of the cervical spine in both children and adults. From a review of basic anatomy, approaches, and biomechanics through in-depth explanations of a complete range of techniques, these authorities present today's best operative solutions for both straightforward and complex clinical challenges. Superb artwork demonstrates exactly how to proceed.
• Uses a consistent format to explore each surgical condition, addressing pathophysiology · clinical presentation · diagnostic evaluation · indications for surgery · operative treatment options · preferred methods of surgical management · and common errors and pitfalls.
• Covers degenerative, traumatic, neoplastic, and inflammatory disorders of the cervical spine in a single, in-depth source.
• Delivers over 450 precise illustrationsincluding dozens of meticulous line drawings as well as abundant radiographs and clinical photographsthat capture the key nuances of presentation and technique.
• Features detailed chapters on anterior and posterior instrumentation in the cervical spine, emphasizing state-of-the-art stabilization approaches.
• Consistently presents alternative techniques as well as the authors' preferred methods.
• Addresses difficult areas such as spinal cord trauma, rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondilitis.
With 27 additional contributing experts
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.62(w) x 11.20(h) x 0.81(d)|
Table of Contents
Section I: Core Knowledge
1. Anatomy of the Cervical Spine
2. Cervical Spine Biomechanics
3. Surgical Approaches to the Cervical Spine
4. Anterior Cervical Reconstruction and Internal Fixation
5. Posterior Cervical Instrumentation
Section II: Pediatric Disorders
6. Congenital and Pediatric Disorders of the Cervical Spine
Section III: Degenerative Disorders of the Cervical Spine
7. Cervical Radiculopathy
8. Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy and Cervical Kyphosis
9. Cervical Myelopathy with Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament
Section IV: Traumatic Injuries of the Cervical Spine
10. Spinal Cord Trauma: Pathophysiology and Medical Management
11. Fractures and Dislocations of the Upper Cervical Spine
12. Fractures and Dislocations of the Lower Cervical Spine and Cardiothoracic Junction
Section V: Neoplasms of the Cervical Spine
13. Primary and Metastatic Bone Tumors of the Cervical Spine
14. Spinal Cord Tumors
Section VI: Inflammatory Disorders
15. Rhuematoid Arthritis of the Cervical Spine
16. Cervical Spine in Ankylosing Spondylitis
17. Cervical Spine Infections
Section VII: Postoperative Considerations
18. Surgical Complications