Like millions of women, Laura Doyle wanted her marriage to be better. But when she tried to get her husband to be more romantic, helpful, and ambitious, he withdrew—and she was lonely and exhausted from controlling everything. Desperate to be in love with her man again, she decided to stop telling him what to do and how to do it. When Doyle surrendered control, something magical happened. The union she had always dreamed of appeared. The man who had wooed her was back.
The underlying principle of The Surrendered Wife is simple: The control women wield at work and with children must be left at the front door of any marriage. Laura Doyle’s model for matrimony shows women how they can both express their needs and have them met while also respecting their husband’s choices. When they do, they revitalize intimacy.
Compassionate and practical, The Surrendered Wife is a step-by-step guide that teaches women how to:
· Give up unnecessary control and responsibility
· Resist the temptation to criticize, belittle, or dismiss their husbands
· Trust their husbands in every aspect of marriage—from sexual to financial
· And more.
The Surrendered Wife will show you how to transform a lonely marriage into a passionate union.
|Sold by:||SIMON & SCHUSTER|
|File size:||3 MB|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Take the Quiz: How Intimate is Your Marriage?
1. Respect the Man You Married by Listening to Him
2. Give Up Control to Have More Power
3. Keep Surrendering a Secret
4. Take Care of Yourself First
5. Express Your Desires
6. Relinquish the Chore of Managing the Finances
7. Receive Graciously
8. Foster Friendships with Women
9. Resist Biting the Bait
10. Avoid Setting Up a Negative Expectation
11. Stop Reading His Mind
12. Don't Crowd the Setter
13. Abandon the Myth of Equality
14. Set Limits by Saying "I Can't"
15. Strive to Be Vulnerable
16. Admit It When You're Hurt
17. Let Your Husband Be the Children's Father
18. Listen for the Heart Message
19. Take a Feminine Approach to Sex
20. Say Yes to Sex
21. Never Eat Worms
22. Ignore the Red Herring
23. Rely on a Spiritual Connection
24. Let Him Solve Some of Your Problems
25. Be a Diplomat in the Male Culture
26. Measure Your Progress
27. Spend Your Energy Surplus on Yourself
How It Is Now
Appendix: Surrendered Circles