A handy Tagalog phrasebook and guide to the official language of The Philippines, Survival Tagalog contains basic vocabulary necessary for getting around.
This book contains all the necessary words and phrases for speaking Tagalog. In addition to being a Tagalog phrase book, it also contains a beginner guide to the Tagalog language, allowing for a deeper understanding of Tagalog than a typical Tagalog phrasebook or Tagalog dictionary. The book is broken into five basic sections: Common Tagalog Expressions and Key Words, Numbers and Counting in Tagalog, Tagalog Travel Vocabulary and Useful Tagalog Expressions, Filipino Geography Guide and Readings Signs in Tagalog, and Additional Tagalog Vocabulary Pronunciation Guides for Key Filipino Names and Signs. All Tagalog words and phrases are written in Tagalog as well phonetically, making pronouncing Tagalog a breeze.
This phrasebook includes:
- Hundreds of useful Tagalog words and expressions
- An A-Z index with more than 1,000 additional words and their pronunciation, allowing the book to be used as an English to Tagalog dictionary
- Romanized forms and phonetic spellings for all words and phrases
- A concise background and history of the Tagalog People, Tagalog language and The Philippines
- An introduction to the Tagalog and Filipino Alphabets
- A pronunciation guide for speaking Tagolog
- A guide to Tagalog grammar
About the Author