Visiting the Australian outback can be a wonderful experience, but it isn't all about boomerangs and koalas, kangaroos and didgeridoos. It can be a wild and dangerous place if you're not prepared. Here is the essential travel companion for enduring the toughest stuff this rugged continent can offer -- a veritable survivor's guide to managing the unexpected when you're Down Under.
Renowned Australian adventurer and bestselling author Sorrel Wilby provides you with the basic lessons on negotiating your way through the bush, across the outback, over the top end, and into the surf and sea. You'll get important lifesaving information on:
- where you should and shouldn't be driving your Range Rover
- dealing with natural hazards like river crossings, bush fires, storms, and rips
- warding off snakes, scorpions, crocs, and sharks
- encountering Aboriginal people, Bushies, Eccentrics, and Surfers
- finding food and water
- treating heatstroke, hypothermia, and tropical infections
- identifying proper emergency radio frequencies
and much more!
|Sold by:||SIMON & SCHUSTER|
|File size:||2 MB|
About the Author
Sorrel Wilby is an acclaimed explorer, adventurer, writer, and producer of several TV documentaries on various adventures. She was the first Australian woman to be elected as a Fellow of the internationally renowned Explorers Club.