A leading resource for over 25 years, this fully updated, 50th NCLC Anniversary commemorative edition of Surviving Debt provides precise, practical, and hard-hitting advice from the nation's consumer law experts on how to deal with crushing debt affecting millions of Americans.
Surviving Debt tells you what consumers need to know about:
- Stopping Debt Harassment
- Dealing with Credit Card, Medical, and Student Loan Debts
- Which Debts to Pay First
- Essential Information about Credit Reports
- Collection Lawsuits
- Vehicle Repossessions
- Saving Your Home from Foreclosure
- When and When Not to Refinance
- How to Defend Collection Lawsuits
- Debts Related to Criminal Law
- When and Whether to File for Bankruptcy, and much more.