- Includes new coverage of Novell Linux Desktop and Open Enterprise Server (Novell's traditional environment running on SUSE), with information on YaST management tools and the OpenExchange e-mail server
- Introduces basic Linux methodologies, including partitions, filesystems, filesystem layout, and more
- Covers the SUSE system, command line programs, implementing online services, and using SUSE business tools in the enterprise setting
- Features a section devoted to end-user needs
- Also covers virtualization, including dosemu, wine, Crossover Office, uml xen and Vmware, expanded coverage of SUSE with sendmail, CUPS, LDAP and more
- Companion DVD includes the SUSE Linux distribution
|Series:||Bible Series , #330|
|Edition description:||BK & DVD|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.90(d)|
About the Author
Justin Davies (London, England) was the principal UK consultant for SUSE until recently, has hands-on experience deploying Linux in the enterprise, and in depth knowledge in standard Unix services, DNS, Apache, and SMTP.
Roger Whittaker (Surrey, England) joined SUSE Linux when opened their UK office in 1999, working as a technical and training consultant until early in 2004. He works as a Linux consultant at CSF in London.
William von Hagen (Pittsburgh, PA) is a Senior Product Manager with TimeSys Corporation, a leading developer of Linux embedded systems and tools. He has been a Unix sys adm since 1982 and avid Linux user since 1993.