- Act 1. Overture
- Act 1. You Should See Yourself
- Act 1. Big Spender
- Act 1. Charity's Soliloquy
- Act 1. Rich Man's Frag
- Act 1. If My Friends Could See Me Now
- Act 1. Too Many Tomorrows
- Act 1. There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This
- Act 1. I'm the Bravest Individual
- Act 2. Entr'acte
- Act 2. The Rhythm of Life
- Act 2. A Good Impression
- Act 2. Baby, Dream Your Dream
- Act 2. Sweet Charity
- Act 2. Where Am I Going?
- Act 2. I'm A Brass Band
- Act 2. I Love to Cry at Weddings
- Act 2. I'm the Bravest Individual (Reprise)
- Where Am I Going? (Verse) (Bonus Track)
- Baby, Dream Your Dream (Bonus Track)
- Gimma A Rain Check (Bonus Track)
- I'm the Bravest Individual (Bonus Track)
- There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This (Bonus Track)
- Big Spender (Bonus Track)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Sweet Charity [New Broadway Cast Recording] based on 0 ratings. 2 reviews.
I have heard selections from this album and I must say Christina Applegate really shouldn't have stopped the closing of this production. I'm not a huge fan of Sweet Charity but I think the revival of this musical should've had a star that could properly fill the role not just dancing and acting but also SINGING!!! The only highlights of this recording are the songs "Baby Dream Your Dream" and "Big Spender". Stick with the original. Lets see some REAL talent on Broadway.
Being a huge fan of musicals from the 1960s and 1970s, it is a treat to hear the bouncy and sentimental Cy Coleman/Dorothy Fields score get another treatment from this wonderful recording. Christina Applegate sings with warmth and vulnerability in her vocals, making Charity seem even more hopelessly romantic than ever than her previous incarnations of Debbie Allen or Shirley Maclaine. Although she probably is not as polished technically as Gwen Verdon (who is?), Miss Applegate is winsome, charming and makes you cry. Her "Where am I going?" is her 11-o'clock number, commanding both sadness and optimism. Denis O'Hare however is the revelation of this recording. His "Sweet Charity" is tender, moving, funny, and heartrending. It's a treat to listen to, especially if you're looking for old-fashioned romantic songs.