• How are the swords represented?
• Does the development of the representations of swords correspond to changes in the field of weaponry of the time?
• Are swords represented “repetitively” in the images and do they convey the existence of delay?
• Does the development of swords depend on the subject matter of images?
• What is the meaning and function of the representation of swords: sword in action versus sword as an attribute? Do they also hold emblematic, illustrative, symbolic, or any other meanings?
• Does there appear to be an impact from the East or maybe a synthesis of Eastern and Western influences in the images of swords in Central Europe?