Get it by Thursday, September 28
, Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
Is Your So-Called Good Diet Slowly Killing You?
If you have Syndrome X and 60 to 75 million Americans do the widely recommended low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet may be the surest route to a heart attack. Now, Gerald Reaven, M.D., the pioneering Stanford University doctor who discovered Syndrome X, explains why:
- Even if your total cholesterol level is perfect, it may not shield you from a heart attack.
- Carbohydrates can be just as harmful as red meat or butter.
- A diet high in "good" fats (as much as 40 percent of calories) is actually better for you.
- The Zone diet, the Atkins diet, and the American Heart Association diet can each be dangerous under certain conditions.
- The failure of insulin, the body's "sugar cop," to process blood sugar is the key to Syndrome X.
- The Syndrome X diet and exercise program will keep you healthy and protect your heart even if you do not suffer from insulin resistance.
Tested in carefully controlled research settings and in practice, the Syndrome X program is safe, effective, and easy to follow.
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.43(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Gerald Reaven, M.D., Professor of Medicine at Stanford University, discovered Syndrome X. A world-renowned endocrinologist, he has received a wide array of scientific awards and has served as director of the division of endocrinology and metabolism, among other posts, at Stanford's School of Medicine. He lives in Stanford, California.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Smokeystar, we wont be on at friday night cuz we have a huge halloween party at our church..
Find out then tell me" he moewed
I am six moons old! I should have had my ceremony today! Froststorm said that too! She has a post here in your den titled 'To S' that says that I need to be an apprentice and that dhe wishes to be my mentor!
Shadowkit bows "thank you." He leaves. Honeykit nodds and leaves. Ashkit smiles and leaves
Have a lot on youf mind