Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
System Design for Telecommunication Gateways provides a thorough review of designing telecommunication network equipment based on the latest hardware designs and software methods available on the market. Focusing on high-end efficient designs that challenge all aspects of the system architecture, this book helps readers to understand a broader view of the system design, analyze all its most critical components, and select the parts that best fit a particular application. In many cases new technology trends, potential future developments, system flexibility and capability extensions are outlined in preparation for the longevity typical for products in the industry.
- Combines software and hardware aspects of the system design.
- Defines components and services supported by open-source and commercial basic and extended software platforms, including operating systems, middleware, security, routing, management layer and more.
- Focuses on disruptive technologies.
- Provides guidelines for developing software architectures based on multi-threaded, multi-process, multi-instance, multi-core, multi-chip, multi-blade and multi-chassis designs.
- Covers a number of advanced high-speed interconnect and fabric interface technologies and their commercial implementations.
- Presents different system form factors from compact pizza-box styles to medium and large bladed systems, including IBM BladeCenter, ATCA and microTCA-based chassis. Describes different mezzanine cards, such as PMC, PrPMC, XMC, AMC and others.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||25 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Table of ContentsAbbreviations.
2. System View.
2.1 System Architecting.
2.2 Platform-based Approach.
2.3 System Verification.
3. Hardware Technologies and Platforms.
3.1 Different Form Factors.
3.2 Stacking chassis.
3.3 Cluster Computing.
3.4 Inter-blade Interconnect.
3.5 Hardware Solutions for Data, Control and Management Planes Processing.
4 Software Technologies and Platforms.
4.1 Basic Software Platform.
4.2 Expanded Software Platform.
4.3 Single-Threaded and Multi-X Software Designs.
4.4 Partitioning OS and Virtualization.
What People are Saying About This
"System Design for Telecommunication Gateways provides a thorough review of designing telecommunication network equipment based on the latest hardware designs and software methods available on the market." (Fixed Mobile Convergence, 15 March 2011)