Tâpwê can’t wait to spend a week with his cousins on the other side of the Cree reserve—especially since Kokhom, his grandma, has given him the most amazing gift: a Magic Hat with bluebirds and grass snakes that come to life! Tâpwê is so excited that he soon forgets Kokhom’s advice: Watch out for tricksters!
Tâpwê’s adventure is everything he imagined. He meets his cousins, takes part in a powwow, and sleeps in a tipi. But soon he’s reminded of Kokhom’s words. Is his new friend Wâpos leading him astray with mischief?
Tâpwê and the Magic Hat draws on a rich Indigenous tradition of storytelling and features:
- A memorable cast of characters from both imagination and legend.
- A glossary and pronunciation guide of Cree words used in the book.
- A note to parents and teachers from Buffy Sainte-Marie about trickster stories.
- An important message for young readers about being yourself, and learning to dance to the beat of your own heart.
- Features black and white illustrations throughout.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.00(h) x (d)|
|Age Range:||6 - 9 Years|
About the Author
Michelle Alynn Clement is an award-winning book designer and illustrator from Vancouver, BC.