Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, 21st Edition + Medical Terminology Systems, 6th Edition Package / Edition 6 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- F. A. Davis Company
The perfect word building and medical terminology package...
Taber’s 21 + Systems 6th Edition
Taber’s 21 is today’s most comprehensive health science dictionary. Under the editorial direction of Donald Venes, MD, MSJ, a team of expert consulting editors and consultants, representing every branch of health care, works with the Taber’s in-house editorial staff to ensure that the content reflects the state of the art.
- Cyclopedic entries that offer more than just definitions.
- More than 60,000 reader-friendly definitions, including 3,000 brand-new terms and 7,000 revised terms.
- Over 1,000 full-color illustrations in the book and DVD combined.
- More than 600 Patient Care Statements.
- Caution Statements with new, easy-to-find icon.
- Dozens of Allied Health and Nursing Appendices
- FREE Taber’sPlus DVD, Mac and PC compatible.
- 2 year access to Taber’s Online and Taber’s Mobile!
- So much more!
Systems 6th Edition is the perfect length for any course, this exceptional full-color, highly illustrated text/workbook uses a body system organization to focus on word building. This beautifully designed visual text combined with the audio CD, TermPlus 3.0, and student and instructor online tools is a unique learning package that’s a true blend of words, art, and technology.
Available in a Variety of Formats...
Medical Terminology Systems, 6th Edition (Text Only)
About $39.95 (US)|$41.95 (CAN)
Medical Terminology Systems, 6th Edition + Audio CD + TermPlus 3.0
About $49.95 (US)|$52.50 (CAN)
Word Building—the foundation for success begins with Barbara Gylys and the Body Systems Approach.
The med term approaches and how they differ…
- Most med terms books teach by memorization—the whole word approach.
- Memorize vocabulary and then try to recognize word patterns.
- Gylys uses the word-buildingapproach.
- First learn the patterns of medical words before you learn the vocabulary.
- Gylys takes a common sense approach, by introducing word elements first:
- Combining forms
- She covers them one by one, breaking down each word part.
- Common English word elements are presented…
- This familiarity makes it easier for students to learn and break apart and build words.
- Students can use their understanding of word parts to decipher vocabulary.
- Mnemonic devices, interactive activities (in the book and on the CD) make word-building fun and this in turn increases retention…no more tedious memorization, students learn by breaking down and rebuilding words!
“From my years of teaching, I found it was much easier for students to learn word parts directly associated with a body system (or specialty area), and this has been the key to my approach in all of my texts and software products.”
—Barbara A. Gylys
Building a better med term book with amazing features…
- Even Better! Easier reading level—geared toward all learners.
- New! Body Systems Connections table:
- Identifies interrelationship of each body system
- Helps put each system into clear perspective
- New! Audio activities and TermPlus 3.0 CD-Rom
- New! Full-color medical records.
- More diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Packed with brilliant full-color illustrations
- Complete Medical Records and key terms fill each body system chapter
- Flash-card activities packed in every chapter
- Common psychiatric terms included
- Expanded pharmacology section includes most commonly used drugs
- Appendix of generic and trade drugs
- Two-way word element index: by medical word element and by common English term
- Audio CD with more than 300 listen-and-learn activities
NEW! TermPlus 3.0 CD-ROM
- Competency-based, self-paced, multimedia program
- Now totally non-browser dependent and Mac and PC compatible
- Loaded with activities:
- Anatomy Focus
- Word-Building and Word-Breakdown activities
- Programmed Learning
- 12 Crossword Puzzles
- 12 Word Scrambles
- 12 Terminology Teasers
- Chart Notes—11 activities in all
Instructor Resources—available on CD-ROM (Item 2143-5) and DavisPlus
- 24 Power Point slideshows
- Wimba Electronic Test Bank
- Nearly 1,250 multiple-choice, true/false, short answer, and matching items
- Interactive Teaching Tool
- Loaded with activities for each body system—52 in all!
- Activity pack:
- NEW! Available as separate Word files for custom use.
- NEW! Resource Kit—upload into Blackboard or other learning management system.
- NEW! Clinical Connection Activities
- Crossword Puzzles
- Master Transparencies
- Suggested syllabi for various course lengths
- Supplemental medical record activities
- Activity pack (available exclusively on DavisPlus):
- Image bank with approximately 150 images
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.40(h) x 3.30(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Basic Elements of a Medical Word
4. Body Structure
5. Integumentary System
6. Digestive System
7. Respiratory System
8. Cardiovascular System
9. Blood, Lymph, and Immune Systems
10. Musculoskeletal Systems
11. Genitourinary System
12. Female Reproductive System
13. Endocrine System
14. Nervous System
15. Special Senses
Glossary of Medical Word Elements
Index of Genetic Disorders
Index of Diagnostic Imaging Procedures
Index of Pharmacology
Index of Oncological Terms