Nonfiction Reading Practice, Grade 4 contains 20 topics in the following content areas:
* social studies-Mount Rushmore, United States Congress, Lewis and Clark, the Civil War, and floating continents
* science-electric light, heredity, measuring the weather, the Internet, and Marie Curie
* health & safety-teeth, seat belts, and Dr. Charles Richard Drew
* mathematics-structural engineers, probability, and owning a business
* the arts-Ludwig van Beethoven, drawing, acting, and Julia Morgan
Each unit contains:
* a teacher resource page that introduces the topic and lists suggested vocabulary to introduce for each article
* a visual aid that presents the topic graphically to the entire class
* three articles on the same topic, but at three different reading levels
* three accompanying comprehension/vocabulary worksheets
Graphic organizers and a reading strategies checklist are provided for teacher and student use. An answer key is included.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I love these Take it to Your Seat books. They give you great ideas, provide you with all the materials. As a special education teacher, I'm always differentiating my activities and these types of books help me easily do that. I recommend this book and other Learning Center books. They teacher friendly, easy to use, and saves on time.