Andrew Savitz is a principal of Sustainable Business Strategies and a business advisor with more than thirty years of experience assisting organizations to become more sustainable. He was formerly a lead partner in PricewaterhouseCooper's global sustainability group. With business writer Karl Weber, he authored the bestselling book The Triple Bottom Line.
Talent, Transformation, and the Triple Bottom Line: How Companies Can Leverage Human Resources to Achieve Sustainable Growthby Andrew Savitz, Karl Weber (With), Edward E. Lawler III (Foreword by)
Employees are central to creating sustainable organizations, yet they are left on the sidelines in most sustainability initiatives along with the HR professionals who should be helping to engage and energize them. This book shows business leaders and HR professionals how to:/b>
HR Professional's guide to creating a strategically sustainable organization
Employees are central to creating sustainable organizations, yet they are left on the sidelines in most sustainability initiatives along with the HR professionals who should be helping to engage and energize them. This book shows business leaders and HR professionals how to: motivate employees to create economic, environmental and social value; facilitate necessary culture, strategic and organizational change; embed sustainability into the employee lifecycle; and strengthen existing capabilities and develop new ones necessary to support the transformation to sustainability.
Talent, Transformation, and the Triple Bottom Line also demonstrates how leading companies are using sustainability to strengthen core HR functions: to win the war for talent, to motivate and empower employees, to increase productivity, and to enliven traditional HR-related efforts such as diversity, health and wellness, community involvement and volunteerism. In combination, these powerful benefits can help drive business growth, performance, and results.
- The book offers strategies, policies, tools and specific action steps that business leaders and HR professionals can use to get into the sustainability game or enhance their efforts dramatically
- Andrew Savitz is an expert in sustainability and has worked extensively with many organizations on sustainability strategy and implementation; he and Karl Weber wrote The Triple Bottom Line, one of the most successful books in the field
- Published in partnership with SHRM and with the cooperation of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Forward by Edward Lawler III
This book fills a gaping hole in both the HR and sustainability literature by educating HR professionals about sustainability, sustainability professionals about HR, and business leaders about how to marry the two to accelerate progress on both fronts.
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.40(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews