- 1812 -- Festival Overture, for orchestra in E flat major, Op. 49
- Slavonic March, for orchestra, Op. 31
- In the Steppes of Central Asia (V sredney Azii), musical picture for orchestra
- Prince Igor, opera (completed by Rimsky-Korsakov & Glazunov): Polovtsian Dances
- Russian Easter Festival Overture (Svetlïy pazdnik), for orchestra, Op. 36
- Capriccio espagñol (Kaprichchio na ispankskiye temï), for orchestra, Op. 34
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Tchaikovsky: Overture "1812"; Marche slave; Borodin: In the Steppes; Polovtsian Dances; Rimsky-Korsakov: Russian East based on 0 ratings. 2 reviews.
This is the best version of Slovanic March I have ever heard. Ove Gotting is just great!! The digital recording is very good as well.
Operture 1812 could not be better. The execution by the Gothenburg Symphony is great. The sound of the cannons is unique. The version of Slavonic March is quite superior to others. The director did its best and the Gothenburg Symphony is simply phenomenal. I would highly recommend this CD for Tchaikovsky fans. The digital recording is crystal clear.