Would you like to get away from the stresses of teaching in an unappreciative environment? How would you like to set your own hours and give yourself a pay rise any time you like? Teaching online can offer you that opportunity. As the subtitle of this book says, I made over $50,000 in my first year as an online instructor, and more in my second year. The best news of all is that you don't need expensive equipment, just a computer - and most teachers already have one of those. This book explains how you can turn your passion into a full-time or part-time job, allowing you to take the holidays you want, when you want them.
Teaching online has numerous advantages over teaching in schools. Here are a few:
• No homework to mark - frees up your evenings and holidays.
• Choose your own hours. Avoid the airline price hikes during school holidays and go on holiday when YOU want to.
• Teach what YOU want to teach.
• Relatively passive income. Create the courses once, earn on them for years.
• Help more students.
• No waiting for pay rises. Create a new course and give yourself a pay rise.
• Zero setup fees to begin with. All you need is a computer to get started.
• Lots of websites will host your courses for free, with nothing to pay up front. If a sale is made, they'll take a commission and you get the rest as a "royalty".
• There is an army of affiliate marketers waiting to sell your courses for you in return for a commission. If you don't sell a course, this army costs you nothing.
In this book, I want to tell you about my own experiences as a teacher, both in schools and as an online instructor. I am going to take you by the hand and show you exactly how you can create, sell and market your own courses online.