Bestselling language courses now with audio CDs!
From Danish to Spanish, Swahili to Brazilian Portuguese, the languages of the world are brought within the reach of any beginning student. Learners can use the Teach Yourself Language Courses at their own pace or as a supplement to formal courses. These complete courses are based on the very latest learning methods and designed to be enjoyable and user-friendly.
Prepared by experts in the language, each course begins with the basics and gradually promotes the student to a level of smooth and confident communication, including:
- Up-to-date, graded interactive dialogues
- Graded units of culture notes, grammar, and exercises
- Step-by-step guide to pronunciation
- Practical vocabulary
- Regular and irregular verb tables
- Plenty of practice exercises and answers
- Bilingual glossary
The new editions also feature:
- Clear, uncluttered, and user-friendly layout
- Self-assessment quizzes to test progress
- Website suggestions to take language study further
About the Author
has worked in Kenya and Tanzania, and taught Swahili for many years at the university level.
Table of Contents
Introduction Going to the post office In the hotel At the market At the craft shop An evening walk Cooking at grandmother's Travelling is good!
A bus journey A good room!
Invitations No parking!
Learning a language A day of troubles In the game park On the mountain: what's the matter?
A soccer player and some dancers Some letters have arrived!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews