This textan updated and revised version of selected passages from Pharr's Vergil's Aeneid, Books I-VIis designed for college and high school Advanced Placement* courses. It includes all the required Latin selections from Vergil's Aeneid for the 2012-2013 AP* Latin Curriculum.
• General introduction on Vergil's life, works, and influence
• Timeline and bibliography
• Aeneid unadapted Latin passages (923 lines): Book 1.1-209, 418-440, 494-578; Book 2.40-56, 201-249, 268-297, 559-620; Book 4.160-218, 259-361, 659-705; Book 6.295-332, 384-425, 450-476, 847-899 with same-page vocabulary and notes
• Introductory notes for each section
• Four black-and-white illustrations by Thom Kapheim
• Select ancient illustrations
• Online grammatical appendix and grammatical index, including newly revised sections: "Vergil's Meter" and "Rhetorical Terms, Figures of Speech, and Metrical Devices"
• Latin-English vocabulary
• Pull-out General Word List
• Literal translation
• Questions for discussion and analysis
• Large-print Latin text (1.1-209, 418-440, 494-578; 2.40-56, 201-249, 268-297, 559-620; 4.160-218, 259-361, 659-705; 6.295-332, 384-425, 450-476, 847-899) without macrons or italics, for in-class translation, mock-tests, and other class activities
For over 30 years Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers has produced the highest quality Latin and ancient Greek books. From Dr. Seuss books in Latin to Plato's Apology, Bolchazy-Carducci's titles help readers learn about ancient Rome and Greece; the Latin and ancient Greek languages are alive and well with titles like Cicero's De Amicitia and Kaegi's Greek Grammar. We also feature a line of contemporary eastern European and WWII books.
Some of the areas we publish in include:
Selections From The Aeneid
Latin Grammar & Pronunciation
Greek Grammar & Pronunciation
Texts Supporting Wheelock's Latin
Classical author workbooks: Vergil, Ovid, Horace, Catullus, Cicero
Vocabulary Cards For AP Selections: Vergil, Ovid, Catullus, Horace
Slovak Culture And History