If so, Teaching College: The Ultimate Guide to Lecturing, Presenting, and Engaging Students is the blueprint. Written for early career instructors, this easy-to-implement guide teaches you to:
• Think like advertisers to understand your target audience-your students
• Adopt the active learning approach of the best K-12 teachers
• Write a syllabus that gets noticed and read
• Develop lessons that stimulate deep engagement
• Create slide presentations that students can digest
• Get students to do the readings, participate more, and care about your course
Secrets like "focusing on students, not content" and building a "customer" profile of the class will change the way you teach. The author, Dr. Norman Eng, argues that much of these approaches and techniques have been effectively used in marketing and K-12 education, two industries that could greatly improve how college instructors teach.
Find out how to hack the world of college classrooms and have your course become the standard by which all other courses will be measured against. Whether you are an adjunct, a lecturer, an assistant professor, or even a graduate assistant, pedagogical success is within your grasp.