- Pub. Date:
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
This book offers a comprehensive and up-to-date view of teaching secondary English based on sound research and classroom practice. The third edition reaffirms the value of a holistic, integrated approach to teaching English language arts. While separating the language arts into separate chapters, the strands are reconnected in every chapter. A separate chapter is devoted to grammar, giving this component focused attention. Materials and instructional strategies for students with increased diversity and needs are offered in greater detail. Problem-solving skills and reflective applications, integrated into chapters as simulations, are included to heighten the reflective skills of novice and experienced teachers. For English teachers at the middle and secondary grade levels.
|Publisher:||Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.41(w) x 9.14(h) x 0.83(d)|
Table of Contents
2. The Students We Teach.
3. Understanding Curriculum and Instruction.
4. Individual Planning.
5. Oral Language: The Neglected Language Arts.
6. Teaching Composition.
7. Writing as a Way of Learning.
8. Selecting Literature.
9. Teaching Literature.
10. Understanding Grammar.
11. Evaluating English Language Arts.
12. Understanding Language, Teaching about Language.
13. Developing Thematic Units.
14. Becoming a Teacher.