It really does take a village!
If today’s youth are tomorrow’s future, we the village need to properly equip ourselves in order to equip our youth for success.
That means not only parents but
- aunts and uncles
- neighbors... You get the picture. This book seeks to educate the general population in a way that can be passed on to younger generations for years to come. It’s adulting for all ages!
J.J. will walk you through how he encouraged his three kids to save birthday and allowance money, then use a portion to buy stocks. You will learn the same lessons he taught his kids at home, and thousands of financial professionals at work.
It’s OK if you know nothing about stocks, he’s here to help fix that. This book simplifies the stock market and stock picking in a way that anyone can understand and teach. If you can understand the business concepts behind a lemonade stand, you’ll be able to understand these basics and teach them by the end of the book.
No matter where you are in your investing life, you are sure to find this book to be both entertaining and educational.
|Publisher:||J. J. Wenrich|
|File size:||3 MB|
About the Author
J. J. Wenrich is a Certified Financial Planner and 20-year veteran of the investment world. He developed his fascination with the stock market as a child, watching business reports on PBS, one of the few stations available in his small-town Kansas home. During freezing winters and blazing summers, he was inside learning about what he calls “the amazing world of stocks.” Despite his small-town upbringing, J.J. had progressive teachers along the way who included personal finance education and stock-picking games in their curriculum.
His professors at The University of Kansas reinforced his love of the stock market. So much that he spent spring break on campus watching CNBC all night with stock charts and spreadsheets as he followed equity markets around the world.
Since then, he met his wife Jodie—also a financial professional at the time—and together they built a family “portfolio” including Jodie’s son and another three children born within 30 months. This family is the foundation of J.J.’s lessons on educating kids (and grown-ups) about healthy financial habits and Teaching Kids to Buy Stocks.
J. J. also runs a financial coaching practice, Dollars and Zen.
Table of Contents
1. A Little About Me and My Family
2. The $500 Challenge: A Bait and Switch
3. The Annual Stock Market Game
4. Welcome to the "Shark Tank"
5. Talk to Your Kids About Money
6. The Most Powerful Force
7. The Most Important Rule in Investing
8. Intro to Investing: Money Trees
9. Basics of Stocks 101: The Lemonade Stand
10. Basics of Stocks 201: Simplifying Key Concepts
11. Intro to Stock Picking 301: Story, Numbers, Expectations
12. Intro to Stock Picking 335: What's the Story?
13. Stock Picking 355: Numbers
14. Stock Picking 375: Expectations
15. Stock Picking 425: Buy, Hold, or Sell?
16. Mutual Funds and ETF's
17. History: Lessons Learned From Business
18. Show & Tell: A Little Wisdom From Kids