Inexpensive. Indispensable. Iconic. A basic t-shirt is the perfect blank canvas-ready for a creative crafter to cut, stitch, bedazzle, bleach, deconstruct, and personalize. Everyone has a drawerful just waiting for the creative touch. What could be a better way to broadcast an artistic manifesto?
In Tease, 50 superstars of creativity, art, and design take the basic T from ordinary to extraordinary-and sometimes, turn it into something completely different. With fabulous illustrations and easy-to-follow instructions, Tease provides outrageous, inspiring ideas from crafters around the globe. Some of Tease's featured crafting dynamos include:
- Amy Sedaris, actress, crafter, and baker extraordinaire
- Fashion designer and stylist for Sex and the City, Patricia Field
- Celebrity designer, photographer, and author Todd Oldham
- Debbie Stoller, the bestselling author of Stitch and Bitch and Stitch and Bitch Nation, and publisher of BUST magazine
- Jenny Hart, artist and author of Sublime Stitching
- The host of Knitty Gritty on the DIY Network, Vickie Howell
- Leah Kramer, founder of craftster.org, the leading online crafting website
|Publisher:||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||8.04(w) x 8.02(h) x 0.55(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Sarah Sockit is a Brooklyn, NY, based writer and book packager. She has created and produced projects including You Grow Girl: The Groundbreaking Guide to Gardening (Fireside; 2005) and Vinnie's Cramp-Kicking Remedies (Chronicle; 2004).