Technical Communication: Process and Product with NEW MyTechCommLab Access Card / Edition 7 available in Other Format
- Pub. Date:
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Technical Communication: Process and Product, 7e by Sharon J. Gerson and Steven M. Gerson, provides a proven, complete methodology that emphasizes the writing process and shows how it applies to both oral and written communication. With an emphasis on real people and their technical communication, it provides complete coverage of communication channels, ethics, and technological advances. This edition includes information on dispersed teams, collaboration tools, listening skills, and social networking. Using before/after documents, authentic writing samples and skill-building assignments, the book provides a balance of how-to instruction with real-world modeling to address the needs of an evolving workplace.
0321846257 / 9780321846259 Technical Communication: Process and Product with NEW MyTechCommLab Access Card 7/e
Package consists of:
0131377345 / 9780131377349 Technical Communication: Process and Product
0205890407 / 9780205890408 NEW MyTechCommLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Technical Communication
2. The Communication Process: Prewriting, Writing, and Rewriting
3. Clarity, Conciseness, Accuracy, and Ethics in Technical Communication
4. Communicating Effectively to Your Audience
5. Research and Documentation
6. Routine Correspondence: Memos, Letters, E-Mail Messages, Instant Messages, and Text Messages
7. Building Online Communities through Blogging, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, and Virtual World
8. Communicating Effectively to Get a Job
9. Document Design
10. Using Visual Aids in Technical Communication
11. Communicating to Persuade
12. Technical Descriptions and Process Analyses
13. Instructions, User Manuals, and Standard Operating Procedures
14. Online Help and Web Sites
15. Summarizing Technical Communication
16. Short, Informal Reports
17. Long, Formal Reports
19. Oral Communication
APPENDIX A: Grammar, Punctuation, Mechanics, and Spelling
APPENDIX B: Parenthetical Source Citations and Documentation