Technique of Orchestration / Edition 6 available in Hardcover
The emphasis is on the practical fundamentals of orchestration. The Sixth Edition has been expanded and revised to reflect new developments in instruments and orchestral practice, and a new listening compact disc has been added that contains selected examples of orchestration. A listening compact disc features selected samples intended for use in conjunction with the book. New musical examples and listings, and an updated bibliography which includes many recent publications. A short chapter on scoring for high school orchestras, and information on nonorchestral instrumental groups, including the band and the wind ensemble. As a reference on the practical fundamentals of orchestration.
|Edition description:||6TH BK|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents1. Introduction.
2. The Strings.
3. The String Orchestra.
4. Bowing and Special Effects.
5. The Woodwinds.
6. The Woodwind Section.
7. The Horn.
8. The Trumpet, Trombone, and Tuba.
9. The Brass Section.
10. Scoring Chords for Each Section and for Orchestra.
11. Problems in Transcribing Piano Music.
12. Scoring for Woodwinds, Horns, and Strings.
13. The Percussion: Instruments of Definite Pitch.
14. The Percussion: Instruments of Indefinite Pitch.
15. The Harp, Celesta, and Piano.
16. Scoring for Full Orchestra.
17. Special Devices.
18. Infrequently Used Instruments.
19. Scoring for High School Orchestra.
20. Writing Score and Parts.
21. Nonorchestral Instrumental Groups.
Appendix A: List of Foreign Names for Instruments and Orchestral Terms.
Appendix B: Ranges of Instruments.
Appendix C: Synthesizers and Samplers.
Appendix D: Vocal and Choral Ranges.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
The Technique of Orchestration based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
I like this book. I learned about all the instruments of the string orchestra, woodwinds, brass, and percussion.