Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Technology for the Medical Transcriptionist available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Temporarily Out of Stock Online
This general technology book is the first resource to satisfy the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity model curriculum requirement for technology and will give professionals an introduction to a wide range of applicable software and technology concepts. This text will function as the core textbook for training programs as well as a manual for professional transcriptionists in need of additional technology and electronic efficiency information. To maintain the book's currency and relevancy, the most stable aspects of technology are printed in the text and significant changes will be published on the companion Website. Likewise, Website addresses for recommended resources and third-party sites are published on the book's companion Website in order to maintain the accuracy and currency of the links. Icons are located in the margins throughout the text to direct the reader to online information.
The book covers concepts that are foundational to all versions of Windows and then provides detailed information on both Windows XP and Vista. Sections of text that are exclusive to one version are clearly marked with a shaded stripe down the edge of the page. Individuals may choose to read the Vista-specific text without worrying about missing vital information. This provides students and postgraduate medical transcriptionists a reference for Windows regardless of the version they are required to use on the job and allows the instructor to tailor the class to the specific needs to the student and the resources available to the school.
|Publisher:||Lippincott Williams & Wilkins|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Section I: WINDOWS
- Chapter 1: Introduction to the Personal Computer
- Chapter 2: Introduction to Windows
- Chapter 3: Working in Windows Explorer
- Chapter 4: Working with Windows
- Chapter 5: Shortcut Menus and Shortcut Icons
- Chapter 6: Keyboarding Concepts and Shortcut Keys
- Chapter 7: Customizing Windows
- Chapter 8: Setting Up Your Computer
- Chapter 9: Maintenance and Security
Section II: ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
- Chapter 10: Introduction to Networks
- Chapter 11: Internet Explorer
- Chapter 12: Searching the World Wide Web
- Chapter 13: Email
- Chapter 14: Internet Services
Section III: DIGITAL TRANSCRIPTION
- Chapter 15: Transcription Technology
- Chapter 16: Increasing Productivity