Temperature Measurement / Edition 2 available in Hardcover
The accurate measurement of temperature is a vital parameter in many fields of engineering and scientific practice. Responding to emerging trends, this classic reference has been fully revised to include coverage of the latest instrumentation and measurement methods.
- Brand new chapters on computerised temperature measuring systems, signal conditioning and temperature measurement in medicine
- Sections on noise thermometers, the development of photoelectric and multi-wavelength pyrometers and the latest IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) standards
- Coverage of fibre optic thermometers, imaging of temperature fields and measurement in hazardous areas
- Examination of virtual instruments in temperature measurement, and new methods for themometer calibration
- Many numerical examples, tables and diagrams
Practising instrument engineers, graduate students and researchers in the fields of mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering and in other industrial areas will welcome this balanced approach to both the theory and practice of temperature measurement.
|Product dimensions:||7.10(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.40(d)|
About the Author
L. Michalski is the author of Temperature Measurement, 2nd Edition, published by Wiley.
K. Eckersdorf are the author of Temperature Measurement, 2nd Edition, published by Wiley.
J. Kucharski are the author of Temperature Measurement, 2nd Edition, published by Wiley.
J. McGhee are the author of Temperature Measurement, 2nd Edition, published by Wiley.
Table of Contents
Temperature Scales and Classification of Thermometers
Fibre Optic Thermometers
Quartz, Ultrasonic and Noise Thermometers and Distributed Parameter Sensors
Pyrometers Classification and Radiation Laws
Manually Operated Pyrometers
Practical Applications of Pyrometers
Conditioning of Temperature Sensor Output Signals
Computerised Temperature Measuring Systems
Imaging of Temperature Fields of Solids
Dynamic Temperature Measuement
Temperature Measurment of Solid Bodies by Contact Method
Temperature Measurement of Fluids
Temperature Measurment of Transparent Solid Bodies
Temperature Measurement of Moving Bodies
Temperature Measurement in Industral Appliances
Temperature Measurement in Medicine
Calibration and Testing of Temperature Measuring Instruments
Author and Organisation Index