From coffee empires to music royalty, architectural wonders to nature's finest, Tennessee has a lot to show. With fascinating and downright weird people, places and events, learn what makes Tennessee, well, Tennessee:
• The Peabody Hotel in downtown Memphis is famous for the ducks that live on its roof; every day a ''Duckmaster'' escorts the ducks from the hotel's roof, down the elevator and into the fountain in the hotel's lobby
• Move over, Nashville! The U.S. Congress deemed the official birthplace of country music to be Bristol, a tiny town in the northeast corner of the state
• Elvis Presley's mother, father, grandmother and the King himself are buried at Graceland, Elvis Presley's Memphis home
• Sweetwater is the location of the Lost Sea, the largest underground lake in America; its total size has been a mystery since its discovery over 100 years ago
• The skeleton of a saber-toothed tiger discovered beneath downtown Nashville in 1971 was the inspiration for the Nashville Predators mascot, ''Gnash''
• And so much more...
|Product dimensions:||5.20(w) x 8.20(h) x 0.90(d)|