In Terra Incognita, Short Story Day Africa is proud to present nineteen stories of speculative fiction. Contained within the pages are stories that explore, among other things, the sexual magnetism of a tokoloshe, a deadly feud with a troop of baboons, a journey through colonial purgatory, along with ghosts, re-imagined folklore, and the fear of that which lies beneath both land and water. Terra Incognita. Uncharted depths. Africa unknowable.
|Publisher:||African Books Collective Limited|
|Product dimensions:||5.83(w) x 8.27(h) x 0.64(d)|
Table of Contents
- Diane Awerbuck, "Leatherman"
- Toby Bennett, "Caverns Measureless to Man"
- Pwaangulongii Benrawangya, "I Am Sitting Here Looking at a Graveyard"
- Tiah Beautement, "Hands"
- Gail Dendy, "Marion's Mirror"
- Dilman Dila, "How My Father Became a God"
- Kerstin Hall, "In the Water"
- Cat Hellisen, "Mouse Teeth"
- Mishka Hoosen, "Spirit of the Dead Keep Watch"
- Nick Mulgrew, "Stations"
- Mary Okon Ononokpono, "Editöngö"
- Chinelo Onwualu, "CJ"
- Jekwu Ozoemene, "There is Something That Ogbu-Ojah Didn’t Tell Us"
- Sylvia Schlettwein, "Ape Shit"
- Jason Mykl Snyman, "What if You Slept?"
- Phillip Steyn, "Esomnesia"
- Brendan Ward, "The Lacuna"
- Sarah Jane Woodward, "The Carthagion"
- Sese Yane, "The Corpse"