Exceptionally complete and up-to-date, this best-selling reference covers the essentials of Texas real estate AND national real estate trends in a single integrated volume. Designed to provide users with the information and confidence needed to pass the Texas license exam and to enter the professional field, it offers a solid grounding in both principles and practice and provides valuable insight into everything from career opportunities to the nature of real estate, mortgage theory and deeds of trust.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
2. Nature and Description of Real Estate.
3. Rights and Interests in Land.
4. Forms of Ownership.
5. Transferring Title.
6. Recordation, Abstracts, and Title Insurance.
7. Contract Law.
8. Real Estate Sales Contracts.
9. Mortgage Theory and Law.
10. Lending Practices.
11. The Loan and the Consumer.
12. Sources of Financing.
13. Types of Financing.
14. Taxes and Assessments.
15. Title Closing and Escrow.
16. Real Estate Leases.
17. Real Estate Appraisal.
18. Licensing Laws and Professional Affiliation.
19. The PrincipalBroker RelationshipEmployment.
20. The PrincipalBroker RelationshipAgency.
21. Fair Housing, ADA, Equal Credit, and Community Reinvestment.
22. Condominiums, Cooperatives, PUDs, and Timeshares
23. Land-Use Control.
24. Investing in Real Estate.
Appendix A. The Real Estate License Act.
Appendix B. Canons/Texas Real Estate Commission.
Appendix C. Real Estate Math Review.
Appendix D. Practice Exam 1.
Appendix E. Practice Exam 2.
Appendix F. Answer Key.
Glossary and Index.