Textbook of Bunion Surgery / Edition 2 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
This book presents an in-depth look at bunion deformity in a reference format accessible to all readers. It presents the most current knowledge on pathomechanics, conservative therapies, surgical therapies, and complications related to bunion management. Chapters follow a consistent format with many drawings and photographs illustrating the subject. This updated edition has been rewritten and revised, with additional topics and findings.
• Experienced foot surgeons have contributed chapters in their areas of expertise, sharing their knowledge and first-hand clinical experience. A detailed evaluation of the foot and bunion surgery allows you to understand how the various clinical and radiographic findings will help you select the best treatment for a patient.
• Biomechanical implications related to the bunion deformity give you an understanding of the pathomechanics of the deformity. Preoperative criteria for each procedure allow you to use specific, objective findings in selecting a surgical procedure.
• Techniques to control the variables related to bunion surgery allow you to utilise various pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative techniques to reduce the incidence of a poor surgical outcome.
• The chapter on Evaluation is now more in-depth, allowing you to better understand the complexities of bunion deformity and how to evaluate the condition. The chapter on Hallux Limitus/Rigidus is completely revised, with more in-depth discussion, newer therapies, and the author's personal experiences related to long term outcomes in attempting to salvage the 1st metatarsophalangeal joint (MTPJ).
• A NEW chapter on 1st MTPJ Arthrodesis focuses on this treatment and indicates when it should be utilised. The two chapters on 1st MTPJ Prosthesis discuss the current artificial joints, pros and cons, and personal long-term experiences of the surgery department members.
|Publisher:||Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
Table of Contents
PART 1: PRE-OPERATIVE EVALUATION
Chapter 1: Preoperative Evaluation of the Bunion Patient
Chapter 2: Specific Preoperative Considerations
PART 2: SURGICAL PROCEDURES
Chapter 3: Soft Tissue Bunion Procedures
Chapter 4: Phalangeal Osteotomy Procedures
Chapter 5: Austin-Type Bunionectomy
Chapter 6: Osteotomies of the First Metatarsal Head
Chapter 7: The SCARF Procedure
Chapter 8: Closing Abductory Wedge Osteotomy of the First Metatarsal and Its Modifications
Chapter 9: Crescentic Osteotomy of the First Metatarsal Base
Chapter 10: Opening Abductory Wedge Osteotomy of the First Metatarsal Base
Chapter 11: Double Osteotomy Procedure of the First Metatarsal
Chapter 12: Lapidus Procedure
Chapter 13: Keller Procedure
Chapter 14: Implant Procedures
Chapter 15: 1st Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthrodesis
PART 3: COMPLICATIONS OF BUNION SURGERY
Chapter 16: Hallux Limitus / Hallux Rigidus
Chapter 17: Hallux Varus
Chapter 18: Intraoperative Complications
Chapter 19: Implant Complications
Chapter 20: Postoperative Complications