Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology / Edition 5 available in Hardcover
The only reference in the field of its kind! The New Edition of this definitive resource examines the full spectrum of rheumatologic diseases and non-rheumatologic musculoskeletal disorders in children and adolescents. It describes the presentation, differential diagnosis, course, management, and prognosis of every major condition. Drs. Cassidy and Petty have meticulously revised their masterwork to integrate important new scientific advances and clinical developments.
• Features exhaustive reviews of the major clinical syndromes, describing the complex web of symptoms, signs, and lab abnormalities characteristic of these disorders in order to make diagnosis and treatment easier.
• Grounds treatment protocols in the best scientific evidence available today.
• Establishes an internationally accepted nosography of classification criteria based on the ACR, EULAR, and ILAR criteria.
• Clarifies complex concepts and demonstrates key techniques with 400 illustrations, which include new figures and a new four-color insert.
• Integrates the knowledge and experience of the founding fathers of pediatric rheumatology as well as a who's who of international experts in the field.
• Expanded coverage of immunogenetics, detailing advances from the sequencing of the human genome and a new understanding of immunologic mechanisms of inflammatory disease.
• Enhanced discussions of pharmacology, drug therapy, and systemic connective tissue diseases.
• A new chapter on The Febrile Syndromes.
• The expertise of two new associate editors, Ronald M. Laxler and Carol B.Lindsley.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.60(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.50(d)|
Table of Contents
BASIC CONCEPTS 1
C H A P T E R 1 Introduction to the Study of Rheumatic
C H A P T E R 2
Structure and Function
C H A P T E R 3
The Immune System and the Inflammatory
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
Pharmacology and Drug Therapy
C H A P T E R 6
Design, Measurement and Analysis of Clinical
C H A P T E R 7
Assessment of Health Status, Function and
Quality of Life Outcomes: Methodology and
C H A P T E R 8
A General Approach to Management of Rheumatic Disease in Children
C H A P T E R 9
Chronic Arthritis in Childhood
C H A P T E R 1 0
C H A P T E R 1 1
C H A P T E R 1 2
C H A P T E R 1 3
Juvenile Ankylosing Spondylitis
C H A P T E R 1 4
C H A P T E R 1 5
Arthropathies of Inflammatory Bowel
C H A P T E R 1 6
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
C H A P T E R 1 7
Neonatal Lupus Erythematosus
C H A P T E R 1 8
C H A P T E R 1 9
The Systemic Sclerodermas and Related
C H A P T E R 2 0
C H A P T E R 2 1
C H A P T E R 2 2
Vasculitis and its Classification
C H A P T E R 2 3
C H A P T E R 2 4
Polyarteritis Nodosa and Related
C H A P T E R 2 5
C H A P T E R 2 6
Granulomatous Vasculitis, Giant Cell Arteritis and Sarcoidosis
C H A P T E R 2 7
C H A P T E R 2 8 Infectious Arthritis and Osteomyelitis
C H A P T E R 2 9 Lyme Disease
C H A P T E R 3 0 Reactive Arthritis
Ruben Burgos-Vargas and Janitzia Vazquez-Mellado
C H A P T E R 3 1
Acute Rheumatic Fever and Post-streptocococcal
C H A P T E R 3 2
Musculoskeletal Manifestations of Systemic
C H A P T E R 3 3
Immunodeficiencies and the Rheumatic
C H A P T E R 3 4
Periodic Fever Syndromes in Children
C H A P T E R 3 5
Cryopyrin associated Periodic Syndrome
C H A P T E R 3 6
Noninflammatory Musculoskeletal Pain
C H A P T E R 3 7
Pain and the Pain Amplification Syndromes
C H A P T E R 3 8
Skeletal Maturation and Bone Mineralization in the Pediatric Rheumatic Diseases
C H A P T E R 3 9
Skeletal Malignancies and Related Disorders
C H A P T E R 4 0
Primary Disorders of Bone and Connective