Games for kids 4 to 16, plus tips on keeping them fun and fair for all participants.
Camp games are meant to be fun. Here are the very best camp-tested games for boys and girls aged 4 to 16, with easy-to-follow instructions and illustrations. The Frasers include indoor and outdoor games for both small and large groups, with some old favorites and lots of new, soon-to-be favorites.
The 175 Best Camp Games also includes advice on:
- Choosing the right game for the situation
- Starting and ending games
- Dealing with rule breakers
- Modifying games for varied abilities
- Assuring safety and good supervision.
This practical guide is easy to use, and the more than 175 games are divided into five chapters:
- Break the Ice (Name Dropping, Life Raft)
- Taking It Easy (Speed Rabbit, Electricity)
- Getting Them Moving (Soh Koh No, Kitty Wants a Corner)
- Running Them Ragged (Pairs Tag, Fox in the Henhouse)
- Wet and Wild (Battleship, Sharks and Mermaids).
Though written with camp leaders in mind, this book will appeal to youth activity directors, counselors, counselors-in-training, coaches, scout leaders, parents, teachers and any other adult looking for creative group activities for youth that include all participants and require little or no special equipment.
|Publisher:||Boston Mills Press|
|Product dimensions:||8.90(w) x 11.20(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Laura and Mary Fraser are accredited teachers who spent a combined 16 years as camp leaders and activity program directors. Kathleen Fraser is an editor, writer and the parent of grown campers and camp leaders. The Frasers live in Mississauga, Canada.
Bernice Lum is an award-winning artist and illustrator of 40 books, including 3 Little Firefighters, Mighty Maddie and Stuff to Hold Your Stuff.