The immediacy of the Internet, the accessibility of books, and the experience of About.com Guides are all at your fingertips in this dynamic how-to series!
It's about...getting the advice you need to get the job you want!
Trapped by today's tough job market? Expert Alison Doyle has you covered! The About.com Guide to Job Searching gives you all the information you need to make the right connections, take the necessary steps, and make yourself stand out. With Alison's help, you can start achieving your career goals today! With this authoritative guide, you'll learn how to:
- Choose the right career path for you.
- Use the best methods for managing your job search.
- Apply resume and cover letter techniques guaranteed to get you noticed.
- Know where to search for jobs in your field.
- Discover inside tips for networking and interviewing.
The About.com Guide to Job Searching also includes four types of special features with informative tips and advice:
- Ask Your Guide: Alison's expert answers to your toughest job search questions
- Tools You Need: Information about researching, purchasing, and using various job search tools and resources
- Elsewhere on the Web: Alison's other favorite job search Web sites
- What's Hot: The hottest job search trends and tips out there
- A unique Get Linked sectionat the end of each chapter lists helpful links back to About.com.
- Alison's About.com forum offers you the opportunity to post questions, get answers, and trade secrets with other job searchers.
- Links to job listings, networking resources, and sample resumes and cover letters that help you get ahead of the competition.