Save hours of time-consuming paperwork with the bestsellingtherapist's resourceThe Adolescent Psychotherapy Progress Notes Planner, FifthEdition, contains more than 1,000 complete prewrittensession and patient descriptions for each behavioral problem inThe Adolescent Psychotherapy Treatment Planner, FifthEdition. The prewritten notes can be easily and quickly adaptedto fit a particular client need or treatment situation. TheFifth Edition:
- Provides an array of treatment approaches that correspond withthe behavioral problems and new DSM-5 diagnostic categories in thecorresponding companion Treatment Planner.
- Organizes treatment for over 30 main presenting problems,including conduct disorder, chemical dependence, low self-esteem,suicidal ideation, ADHD, sexual acting out, and eatingdisorders.
- Provides over 1,000 prewritten progress notes summarizingpatient presentation and treatment delivered.
- Offers sample progress notes that conform to the requirementsof most third-party payors and accrediting agencies, including TheJoint Commission, COA, CARF, and NCQA.
- Saves clinicians hours of time-consuming paperwork, yet offersthe freedom to develop customized progress notes.
- Presents new and update information on the role ofevidence-based practice in progress notes writing and the specialstatus of progress notes under HIPAA.
About the Author
ARTHUR E. JONGSMA, JR., PhD, is the Series Editor for thebestselling PracticePlanners®. Since 1971, he hasprovided professional mental health services to both inpatient andoutpatient clients. He was the founder and director ofPsychological Consultants, a group private practice in GrandRapids, Michigan, for 25 years. He is the author or coauthor ofover forty books and conducts training workshops for mental healthprofessionals around the world.
L. MARK PETERSON, ACSW, is Program Manager for BethanyChristian Services’ Residential Treatment and FamilyCounseling programs in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
WILLIAM P. McINNIS, PsyD, is in private practice withAspen Psychological Services in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He iscoauthor of the bestselling The Child Psychotherapy TreatmentPlanner and The Adolescent Psychotherapy Progress NotesPlanner.
DAVID J. BERGHUIS, MA, LLP, is in private practice andhas worked in community mental health for more than a decade. He isalso coauthor of numerous titles in thePracticePlanners® series.
Table of Contents
PracticePlanners Series Preface xi
Progress Notes Introduction 1
Academic Underachievement 3
Anger Control Problems 31
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) 61
Autism Spectrum Disorder 77
Bipolar Disorder 90
Blended Family 104
Conduct Disorder/Delinquency 116
Divorce Reaction 132
Eating Disorder 150
Grief/Loss Unresolved 165
Intellectual Development Disorder 178
Low Self-Esteem 195
Medical Condition 207
Negative Peer Influences 221
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) 236
Oppositional Defiant 249
Peer/Sibling Conflict 301
Physical/Emotional Abuse Victim 312
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) 327
School Violence 369
Sexual Abuse Perpetrator 384
Sexual Abuse Victim 399
Sexual Identity Confusion 416
Sexual Promiscuity 427
Social Anxiety 439
Specific Phobia 453
Substance Use 465
Suicidal Ideation 480
Unipolar Depression 494