The African Experience Plus MySearchLab with eText / Edition 4 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Updated in its 4th edition, The African Experience is the only interdisciplinary survey to examine this region of the world from geographic, linguistic, social, historical, and political perspectives. Drawing on research from all of the social sciences, this text captures Africa in its complex totality. The African Experience helps readers develop a comprehensive and critical understanding of Africa, one that allows them to grasp the region’s internal dynamics and its evolving place in the world.
0205208606 / 9780205208609 The African Experience Plus MySearchLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205239927 / 9780205239924 MySearchLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205851711 / 9780205851713 The African Experience
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
- Provides an overview of the geography, demography, and languages of the African continent. (ex. p. vii)
- Describes the traditional cultural forms and institutions found throughout Africa. (ex. Ch. 2)
- Explores African history in terms of state building, alliance formation, and the rise and decline of various kingdoms. (ex. Ch. 3)
- Discusses the African experience under European colonial rule. (ex. Ch. 4)
- Examines African resistance to colonial rule and the influence of external and internal factors on that resistance. (ex. Ch. 5)
- Takes a critical look at progress in Africa in the post-independence era, including assessments of democratic transitions and economic development. (ex. Ch. 7)
- Analyzes the past and present roles played by Africa on the world stage. (ex. Ch. 8)