The Anatomy and Physiology Learning System / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Crisp and concise language, an incredible art program, and thought-provoking features combine to offer students an accessible gateway to the knowledge they need. The third edition includes more medical terminology content, a new design with eye-catching illustrations, and the engagingly interactive Body Spectrum CD-ROM! In addition to the new features, there's hallmark content on aging of the body, representative disorders, and more it's coverage that's easy to read and understand, regardless of prior scientific knowledge.
• Original, high-quality illustrations, designed to correlate with the textual material and help students visualize anatomical features and physiological processes, add visual impact and reinforcement.
• Focus on Aging boxes describe the effects of aging on the body system discussed in that chapter.
• Functional Relationship diagrams illustrate the connection between the chapter topic system and the other body systems, reinforcing the concept that all systems work together.
• Representative Disorders of each body system are organized and presented in an illustration at the end of each chapter.
• QuickCheck questions with answers at the back of the book enable students to assess their comprehension at various points within a chapter.
• Chapter Quizzes at the conclusion of each chapter provide recall, thought, and application questions to check comprehension of the concepts within the chapter.
• A companion CD-ROM bound into each textbook includes Body Spectrum, an electronic coloring book that offers 80 detailed anatomy illustrations that students can color online or print out to color and study offline.
• From the Pharmacy boxes describe common pharmaceuticals for each body system and include a brief description of the drug and its action, common uses, and abbreviations.
• Anatomy & Physiology Pioneers boxes present brief biographies of trailblazers in science and medicine, correlated to each chapter to provide historical context.
• A new student-friendly design and organization with a renewed emphasis on medical terminology.
• Includes Terminology Check exercises at the end of each chapter to aid students in synthesizing new vocabulary terms
• A companion Evolve website provides students access to a Glossary with audio pronunciations, WebLinks created especially for this text, and the Panorama of Anatomy and Physiology software, which includes interactive exercises, quizzes, and activities designed to make learning fun.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.48(w) x 10.82(h) x 0.74(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Human Body
2. Chemistry, Matter, and Life
3. Cell Structure and Function
4. Tissues and Membranes
5. Integumentary System
6. Skeletal System
7. Muscular System
8. Nervous System
9. Sensory System
10. Endocrine System
13. Blood Vessels
14. Lymphatic System and Body Defense
15. Respiratory System
16. Digestive System
17. Metabolism and Nutrition
18. Urinary System and Body Fluids
19. Reproductive System
Answers for Quick Check Questions
Answers for Terminology Check Exercises
Glossary of Disorders
Glossary of Word Parts