This title is one in a series of six manuals that instruct on drawing different Manga character types. Amateur artists who enjoy sketching, as well as those who would love to start learning to draw, will find no better place to begin than with any one or more of these books. They point out the details that make Manga characters both distinctive and appealing to a wide audience. Each book begins with information on the materials Manga artists will need. Instruction follows with step-by-step coaching on how to render
• Manga body proportions and facial characteristics
• Creases and folds that give realism to Manga characters' clothing
• Body postures, clothing styles, and facial expressions that distinguish different Manga character types and express emotions
• Rendering light and shade with inking and cross-hatching
• Composition, or positioning the parts of a picture on the drawing paper
Art Class Manga books are inspiring and easy-to-follow, with step-by-step instructions that encourage beginners of all ages by showing easy ways to achieve professional looking results.