A hands-on and introductory guide to the art of modern application and infrastructure monitoring and metrics. We start small and then build on what you learn to scale out to multi-site, multi-tier applications. The book is written for both developers and sysadmins. We focus on building monitored and measurable applications. We also use tools that are designed to handle the challenges of managing Cloud, containerised and distributed applications and infrastructure.
In the book we'll deliver:
* An introduction to monitoring, metrics and measurement.
* A scalable framework for monitoring hosts (including Docker and containers), services and applications built on top of the Riemann event stream processor.
* Graphing and metric storage using Graphite and Grafana.
* Logging with Logstash.
* A framework for high quality and useful notifications
* Techniques for developing and building monitorable applications
* A capstone that puts all the pieces together to monitor a multi-tier application.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||9 MB|
About the Author
James speaks regularly at conferences including OSCON, Linux.conf.au, FOSDEM, OpenSourceBridge, DevOpsDays and a number of others. He is a past president of Linux Australia, a former committee member of Linux Victoria, was Treasurer for Linux.conf.au 2008, and serves on the program committee of Linux.conf.au and OSCON.
In his spare time, his interests include cooking, wine, political theory, photojournalism, philosophy, poetry, and cats.