Does your book have a voice? Are you ready to get your share of a $2 billion industry? If you are considering creating an audiobook—whether you are the voice or you hire a professional narrator—The Author’s Guide to AudioBook Creation is the indispensable companion you need.
You will get the critical steps you need to take; how to engage a narrator (and what to avoid); what costs to expect; how to produce your audiobook; a variety of resources; how to work with Amazon and ACX and other providers; and of course, plenty of insider tips and tricks of the trade. Get ready to join the AudioBook Revolution!
• How to determine if an audiobook version of your book will work.
• Learn the essential steps to create your audiobook.
• How to uncover your costs in creating an audiobook.
• How to promote and market your audiobook.
• Develop and implement strategies to make your audiobook profitable.
• Checkpoints to determine if you should hire a narrator or voice your own audiobook.
The Author's Guide to AudioBook Creation includes the critical details on audiobook self-publishing on Amazon's Audible, iTunes and beyond. With over $2 billion dollars in audiobooks sold in 2015, audiobooks should be part of your publishing mix.
|Publisher:||Audiobook Revolution Productions|
|Product dimensions:||5.00(w) x 7.00(h) x 0.36(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Judith Briles is the founder of AuthorU.org, a membership organization created for serious authors who want to be seriously successful, co-founder of Mile High Press, Ltd., and The Book Shepherd. Judith is known as a Book Shepherd to thousands. and she is an award-winning author of over 36 books.
Nick Zelinger of NZGraphics.com specializes in Graphic design, including book (cover and interior) design and production, collateral marketing materials, logo design, corporate identity, brochures - virtually anything for the print industry
Table of ContentsChapter 1 - The AudioBook Revolution
• Telling Your Story
• Why You Should Grab Your Readers by the Ears
• 10 Crazy (but True) Things About AudioBooks
• The Top 10 AudioBook Genres
Chapter 2 - Getting Started
• Demand Your (Audio) Rights!
• The Different Worlds of AudioBook Publishing
Chapter 3 - Narrating Your Own Book
• Should You Be a "Do-It-Yourselfer?"
• Narration Tricks of the Trade
• Recording Studio Tips and Etiquette
• Creating Your Own Low-cost Home Recording Setup
Chapter 4 - Step-by-Step Guide to Amazon's ACX
• Stage One - Registering Your Book on ACX
• Stage Two - The Deal with the Narrator
• Stage Three - Producing the AudioBook
• Stage Four - Review, Approve and Pay
Chapter 5 - Giving Your Book a Voice
• The 10 Best Ways to Find the Right Narrator
• The 10 Worst Ways to Find a Narrator
Chapter 6 - Going Outside Amazon's ACX
• The World Beyond ACX
• Selling Outside ACX/Amazon/Audible/iTunes
• Giving Your AudioBook Away
Chapter 7 -Making Your AudioBook Profitable
• How Much Will Your AudioBook Sell For?
• How Much Will You Make?
• Crowdfunding Your Book
Chapter 8 - Promoting Your AudioBook
• 12 Ways to Go into "Promo Mode"
• Promotional or "Gift" Codes
• AudioBook Blast
• Facebook Group Promotions
• Best Promotional Advice from Experienced AudioBook Authors
Chapter 9 - AudioBook Resources
• Social Media
• Technical Advice
• ACX Cover Specs
• Video and Audio Promo Production
• The Storytellers
Bonus Tips - 12 Bonus Tips for an Author's AudioBook Success
About the Author
How to Work with Richard Rieman
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Written and narrated by an experienced and excellent narrator. Pretty much everything you need to know about the audiobook market and how to enlarge your audience with it. Practical information/advice for the author, whether published yet or not, whether self-published or with a publishing house. I can also see this as being very useful to fledgling narrators. This is a guidebook for uncharted territory aimed at the author, but fascinating for the reader/listener as well. I have two friends who have been ebook and/or print published but have been hesitant to get into the audio market, so I have insistently dragged their attention to this book! It is a quick read, but a valuable resource and each reader will have many bookmarks in it!