Immortality isn't just about living forever; sometimes, it's about forever refusing to let things die.
- WINNER: Pinnacle Book Achievement Award - Best Young Adult Fiction
For his 15th birthday, David Rose wishes for things to go back to the way they were. He wants the nightmares to end, the bullies to leave, and the claustrophobic memories of his near drowning to disappear. Not to mention his surreal encounter with a mythical creature.
He stands with his little sister Rachel in front of their mother's grave and pledges to seek the truth about what really happened on that terrible evening a year ago, but this quest for truth threatens to unleash a sinister plot centuries in the making.
David must awaken in time-to the incredible truth, to his newfound powers, and to the realization that to protect his family and survive in the world he's always known, he must come to grips with the dark secrets of a world he never knew existed.
EVOLVED PUBLISHING PRESENTS an extraordinary adventure through time, an epic tale of hesitant heroism, and the timeless battle between good and evil, in the first book in the "David Rose" series of young adult fantasies. [DRM-Free]
BOOKS BY DARYL ROTHMAN:
- David Rose - 1: The Awakening of David Rose
- David Rose - 2: David Rose and the Forbidden Tournament
- David Rose - 3: David Rose and the Days of Awe [Spring/Summer 2023]
- Gospel [Summer/Fall 2022]
MORE GREAT YA FICTION FROM EVOLVED PUBLISHING:
- The "Noah Zarc" Series by D. Robert Pease
- The "Chosen" Series by Jeff Altabef and Erynn Altabef
- The "Stormbourne Chronicles" Series by Karissa Laurel
- The "Dirt and Stars" Series by Kevin Killiany
- The "Whitewashed" Series by Adelaide Thorne
- The "NorthWatch" Series by Cagey Magee
Related collections and offers
About the Author
EDITOR: Lane Diamond has over 170 published books to his editing credit, including many multiple award-winners, across many genres and styles, with more to come.
EDITOR: I earned my BA in creative writing from the University of Washington, and I later returned to earn a certificate in editing. I've discovered that, almost as much as I enjoy creating my own stories, I love helping others polish, perfect, and streamline their work-breaking down a scene to discover precisely what isn't working, hunting down plot holes and inconsistencies, and digging for the exact turn of phrase that will make a piece of dialogue sing. When I'm not editing, I'm often hiking, dancing (swing and Texas two-step), playing video games, or-of course-reading. After a recent move from Seattle to Austin, I also spend more time eating tacos than the average human.