FROM CONFUSION TO CONFIDENCE IN FIVE STEPS
SECOND EDITION COMPLETELY REVISED AND UPDATED
The Baby Decision is a clear, compassionate guide to making a parenting or childfree decision with confidence. Many women of childbearing age and their partners find it hard to make this life-changing decision. Without a crystal ball, what can you do? Some women say “I like the idea of motherhood, but how do I know I’d really enjoy it? What will happen to my job, my relationship, my sanity?” Or they say, “I’m leaning toward being childfree, but will I be sorry later?”
Merle Bombardieri, MSW, LICSW has been helping people make this decision for over thirty years in her therapy and coaching practice and in her Baby Decision Workshops. With a depth that only a psychotherapist can provide, she shows you strategies for dealing with doubt and ambivalence and uncovering your deepest self-knowledge. Through anecdotes, exercises, guidelines, and checklists, she leads you to your best possible choice.
Imagine the relief of finally cutting through the tangled vines of pros and cons and seeing a clear decision emerge. Merle helps you not only to make a decision but to use it as an opportunity for you and your relationship to grow.
You will learn how to:
• Use dozens of “Secret Doors” exercises to uncover hidden feelings and wisdom.
• Separate your own needs and preferences from societal myths and expectations.
• Give full consideration to the rewards and opportunities of living childfree.
• Talk constructively with your partner even if you disagree.
• Manage work-life balance and keep your relationship strong.
• Make decisions about one-child families, single and gay parenting, fertility and adoption.
• Borrow some of the benefits of the other choice.
You will also learn how to trust your decision and make the most of it.
• Includes resources and bibliography.
• Bonus section: Preparing your body for a healthy pregnancy.
"The Baby Decision" Parenthood Decision Making Workshops
October 30, 2016 Cambridge Center for Adult Education (ccae.org)
|Publisher:||Orchard View Press|
|File size:||2 MB|