"This crystal-clear book offers to any who will listen invaluable,detailed guidance on how and why to move toward a true culture ofexcellence in hospital care. It isn't easy, but, as their resultsshow, it's a journey well worth taking."—Donald M. Berwick,MD, president and CEO, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
The Baptist Health Care Journey to Excellence presents testedprinciples and best practices to help improve your corporateculture and customer satisfaction, which will lead to loyalty,stability, sustained productivity, and profitability in your ownorganization. Order your copy today!
|Product dimensions:||6.28(w) x 9.06(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
AL STUBBLEFIELD is President and CEO of Baptist Health Care Corporationa position he has held since 1999 (he has been with the company since 1985). He is on the board of directors of the American Hospital Association, VHA Southeast, and the Health Research and Educational Trust, and is Chairman of the Regional Policy Board 4. Stubblefield is also a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and has served on the board of the Florida Hospital Association.
Table of Contents
About the Author.
Introduction: From Ouch! to Wow!
1. In Search of Competitive Advantage.
FIVE KEYS TO ACHIEVING SERVICE AND OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE.
KEY ONE: CREATE AND MAINTAIN A GREAT CULTURE.
2. Committing to the Mission.
3. Maintaining a Balanced Approach: Pillars of OperationalExcellence.
4. Fueling Employee-Driven Culture Change.
5. Engaging Your Workforce: Communicate, Communicate,Communicate!
KEY TWO: SELECT AND RETAIN GREAT EMPLOYEES.
6. Selecting the Best Employees.
7. Maximizing Employee Loyalty.
8. Celebrating Successes Through Reward and Recognition.
KEY THREE: COMMIT TO SERVICE EXCELLENCE.
9. Maintaining Quality Through Service Teams.
10. Scripting for Superior Service.
11. Developing Rounding and Service Recovery Techniques.
KEY FOUR: CONTINUOUSLY DEVELOP GREAT LEADERS.
12. Establishing Ongoing Leadership Training.
KEY FIVE: HARDWIRE SUCCESS THROUGH SYSTEMS OFACCOUNTABILITY.
13. Building a Culture that Holds Employees Accountable.
14. Beyond Baptist Health Case: Other Systems on the Journey toWOW!
Appendix: What About the Physicians?