Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
One Participant’s Guide is included in this curriculum kit. This guide provides Bible in 90 Days readers with a brief overviews, study questions, and encouragement to keep going in their daily readings. The Participant’s Guide is also sold separately. The Bible in 90 Days is both a Bible and a curriculum that allows individuals to complete what for many Christians is the goal of a lifetime---to read through the Bible completely, from “cover to cover,” in a manageable time frame. The basic plan consists of reading 12 pages a day of a specially prepared large-print Bible---a task that usually takes between 45 minutes and an hour---to help readers achieve their goals. Many people spend more time than that commuting back and forth to work every day! The Bible is part of a larger program, a 14-week curriculum kit designed to help people read through the entire text of the Bible with an opportunity to discuss their reading in a community setting. Developed, field-tested, and used by its creator, Ted Cooper, a Houston businessman, this curriculum has proven successful at many different churches and with a range of denominational affiliations. Bible Features:* NIV Thinline LP Bible: the format individuals and classes have successfully used to achieve the12-page-a-day goal* “Start and end” markers help readers understand where to begin and end each day’s reading* Helpful front matter articles, including an overview of what they’ll be reading each day, the answer to the question, “Why read the Bible in 90 days?” encouragement from the ministry’s founder, Ted Cooper, and other helpful information* The Bible in 90 Days Curriculum Kit Includes:* One specially prepared NIV Thinline Bible, Large Print in a hardcover format (Also sold separately)* (3) DVDs with Leader’s Guide. Material features John Walton (OT) and Mark Strauss (NT)* Enhanced CD-ROM with Posters/promotional material for use in churches---bulletin inserts, etc.* One Participant’s Guide that gives brief overviews, study questions, and encouragement to keep going every day (Also sold separately) *An audio Bible sampler on CD and 90-day listening plan.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.50(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Stephen and Amanda Sorenson are founders of Sorenson Communications and have co-written many small group curriculum guidebooks, including the entire Faith Lessons series.
Read an Excerpt
The Bible in 90 Days Participant's GuideAn Extraordinary Experience with the Word of God
By Ted Cooper Jr. Stephen Sorenson Armanda Sorenson
ZondervanCopyright © 2005 Theodore W. Cooper Jr.
All right reserved.
Chapter OneWHOLE GROUP DISCUSSION
1. Have you ever tried to read the entire Bible before? Why or why not?
2. If you have tried to read the Bible in its entirety, what challenges did you face in fulfilling your desire? Where did you start? How far did you get?
3. What have you found to be difficult and rewarding in your attempts to read the Bible regularly?
4. If you have successfully read the entire Bible before, what were the circumstances? What motivated you to keep at it? How satisfied were you with your accomplishment?
5. If you have started to read the Bible but have never completed your reading goal, what really kept you from finishing what you started?
6. Why do you believe it is important to read the entire Bible? What do you expect to discover in terms of practical living, spiritual growth, or knowledge of history, or other areas?
7. What is most intimidating about the prospect of reading the entire Bible in 90 days?
8. What most excites you about the prospect of reading the entire Bible in 90 days?
ON YOUR OWN BETWEEN SESSIONS
This Week's Reading Tips
* Memorize your mission, which is: to read, attentively, every word of the Bible in 90 days.
* Don't expect to be able to consciously recall everything you read. At this point, focus on what you can recall and don't worry about the rest.
* Don't expect to understand everything you read. Pay attention to what you do understand and don't worry about the rest.
* At least once during this week, try breaking up your daily reading into two or more sessions.
Genesis is the book of beginnings and sets the stage for everything that follows in the Bible. It establishes God as the creator of all that is - in heaven, on earth, and beyond. It focuses on the essential relationship of humanity, the relationship between God and the people he created. In Genesis we see Satan entice Adam and Eve to disobey God, which establishes the central conflict of human history. The remainder of the Bible is the story of how God resolves that loss of relationship throughout human history.
Exodus is not only the story of Israel's departure from the land of Egypt, it is the story of Israel's departure from the lifestyle of Egypt. It is not merely a journey of time and distance, it is a journey of the heart as a holy God prepares his chosen people to live the life he offers in the land he has provided. What a journey it is as God reveals himself and invites his people into relationship with him!
Read This Week
Pages 1-84 of the NIV Bible in 90 Days (Gen. 1:1-Ex. 40:38)
If it is helpful to do so, use the following chart to record your reading progress this week. Establish a reading schedule that works well for you - then stick with it. Try to make it a habit to pray before you begin reading each day, asking God to use his Word to instruct and guide you.
Personal Reading Notes
Take a moment to record the highlights - knowledge gained, puzzling questions, "aha! moments" - you experience during your reading this week:
Memorize the names of the first five books of the Bible before the next session:
Excerpted from The Bible in 90 Days Participant's Guide by Ted Cooper Jr. Stephen Sorenson Armanda Sorenson Copyright © 2005 by Theodore W. Cooper Jr..
Excerpted by permission.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.
Table of ContentsCONTENTS
Welcome to The Bible in 90 Days™...7
Frequently Asked Questions...9
Discussion Group Rules of Engagement...11
The Bible in 90 Days™ Listening Plan...139