Black Woman’s Guide represents a timeless source of strategies to help you advance in academia. Navigating the academy as a professor offers an opportunity to build a prestigious full- or part-time career as you transform the knowledge and attitudes of today's students. The Guide will allow you to:
- Gain knowledge to help you plan and build your career in the academy.
- Develop techniques to strengthen your classroom performance and navigate the culture of academia.
- Learn how the university you choose impacts your faculty experience.
- Successfully complete a competitive application for a faculty position at the school of your choice.
- Expand or extend your professional career to include teaching in the academy.
Plus, 12 notable Black women professors will share their stories, successes, and hurdles regarding advancing in academia. We share this collection of stories to spark inspiration and remind you that the path of success within the academy is certainly attainable for you. Connect with the Black Women Faculty Connection, our online community, to gain further real-time insight.