For many years Saint Mary's Press has listened to an outpouring of requests to publish a Bible for Catholic teenagers. Working with the foremost experts in education, biblical studies, and youth ministry, we have spent the last four years creating The Catholic Youth Bible. The Catholic Youth Bible has been long awaitedand there has never been a Bible like this before!Over 650 lively articles draw on the most current biblical scholarship and combine with the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible to address the interests and real-life concerns of today's Catholic young people. The Catholic Youth Bible is designed to help adolescents and young adults:
- answer life's important questions
- see themselves as a vital part of God's saving work in the world
- make connections to Catholic beliefs and traditions
- read the Bible regularly
- study the Bible, pray the Bible, live the Bible!
- introductions to important biblical people
- background information about the culture and traditions of biblical times
- articles that trace the biblical roots of many Catholic beliefs and practices
- articles that share African American, Asian American, Hispanic and Latino American, and Native American cultural experiences, religious symbols, prayers, and poetry related to the Bible
- articles that help the reader use the Bible for personal prayer
- articles that apply the Bible's messages to relevant situations young people face now
- over seventy two-color illustrations throughout the Bible
- eight reading plans
- four special indexes to events, people, and teachings; sacrament connections; life and faith issues; and article subjects
- nine full-color maps
- two full-color timeline of biblical and historical events
- twenty-three full-color photographs of biblical places and multicultural images of Jesus
Student text: The Catholic Youth Bible is an outstanding resource for classroom use. It can be used alone as the primary textbook with its companion teaching manual, or it can be used in connection with a conventional textbook on the Scriptures. The Catholic Youth Bible offers the Catholic Christian perspective that is missing from other youth Bibles. Its many articles and excellent introductions make it a powerful textbook and a helpful resource for retreats and prayer services.
Teaching manual: The Teaching Activities Manual for "The Catholic Youth Bible" offers nearly 300 activities to help teachers and youth ministers use The Catholic Youth Bible as the primary textbook in Scripture courses or as a primary resource for Scripture study with youth.Contributors
- Eduardo Arnouil works with Fe y Vida, The Institute for Evangelization, Formation, and Leadership of Hispanic Youth in Stockton, California.
- Lisa-Marie Calderone-Stewart is an associate director for the Office for Schools, Child, and Youth Ministry for the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
- Carmen Mar�a Cervantes is the executive director of Fe y Vida, The Institute for Evangelization, Formation, and Leadership of Hispanic Youth in Stockton, California.
- Catherine Cory is chairperson of the theology department at the University of Saint Thomas in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Gary Dreier is the pastor of People of Hope Lutheran Church in Rochester, Minnesota.
- Karen Emmerich has twelve years of experience as a junior high and high school catechist. She is the author of Justice: Building God's Reign.
- Carole Goodwin is the diocesan director of youth ministry for the diocese of Louisville, Kentucky, and the author of Life-giving Relationships and Senior Year.
- Ron Kenney is a parish coordinator of youth ministry in the diocese of Lansing, Michigan.
- Edward P. Kunzman has taught theology in Catholic high schools and is the co-author of Stories for Teens.
- Judi Lanciotti teaches art at a Catholic junior high in Baltimore, Maryland, and is the author of Prayers with Pizzazz for Junior High Teens.
- Joseph A. Morris, CM, teaches scripture at Saint John's University in Jamaica, New York.
- Daniel Ponsetto is chaplain at Boston College in Boston, Massachusetts, and teaches in the theology department.
- Larry Schatz, FSC, is in campus ministry at Saint Mary's University in Winona, Minnesota.
- Valerie Shields teaches theology at a Catholic high school in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Brian Singer-Towns is the general editor of The Catholic Youth Bible and an editor and writer at Saint Mary's Press in Winona, Minnesota.
- Michael Theisen is the coordinator of youth ministry for the diocese of Rochester, New York.
- Imprimatur: Most Reverend Bernard J. Harrington, Bishop of Winona
|Publisher:||Saint Mary's Press|
|Product dimensions:||6.36(w) x 9.26(h) x 1.15(d)|
|Age Range:||13 - 18 Years|