Ryan wishes for nothing more than to be able to perform real magic. What he doesn't know is the price he will have to pay to use such magic.
"...reminds me of the books I grew up with by RL Stine and Christopher Pike. If you loved those, these will be perfect." ~ BookLover
Ever since he received a magic kit from his estranged father, Ryan wanted nothing more than to become a professional magician. But when he tries to perform a trick at school, and it fails, he becomes the laughing stock of the entire school–and starts to doubt himself.
Matthew, a creepy loner who hangs out with the school bully, promises Ryan he can help him perform real magic, not just tricks. Ryan doesn't believe him, at first, but then mysterious things start happening to convince him that magic is real after all.
"My daughters and I love the 'Weirdville' series! These books are great for kids who enjoy a little spooky reading but not something so scary they can't sleep." ~ A. LeBlanc
EVOLVED PUBLISHING PRESENTS the fifth book in the "Weirdville" series of spooky-fun adventures. These chapter books are perfect for young readers aged 7-11. [DRM-Free]
Books by Majanka Verstraete:
- Weirdville – Book 1: "The Doll Maker"
- Weirdville – Book 2: "House of Horrors"
- Weirdville – Book 3: "Fright Train"
- Weirdville – Book 4: "Drowning in Fear"
- Weirdville – Book 5: "The Clumsy Magician"
- Weirdville – Book 6: "Grave Error"
- "Valentina and the Haunted Mansion" (1)
- "Valentina and the Whackadoodle Witch" (2)
- "Valentina and the Masked Mummy" (3)
More Great Kids' Books from Evolved Publishing
- The "Balderdash Saga" Series by J.W. Zulauf
- The "Emlyn and the Gremlin" Series by Steff F. Kneff
- The "Sully P. Snooferpoot" Series by Aaron Shaw Ph.D.
- "Thomas and the Tiger Turtle" and "Bella and the Blue Genie" by Jonathan Gould
About the Author
Majanka Verstraete begged her Mom to teach her how to read while she was still in kindergarten. By the time she finished fifth grade, she had read through the entire children’s section of her hometown library.
She wrote her first story when she was seven years old, and hasn’t stopped writing since. With an imagination that never sleeps, and hundreds of possible book characters screaming for her attention, writing is more than a passion for her.