The first-ever guide to harnessing the power of collagen with food and supplements.
The formation of collagen by your body is absolutely essential for the rejuvenation of skin, hair, nails, bones and joints. More importantly, collagen gives these tissues the youthful elasticity, flexibility and strength needed to ward off degeneration before it begins.
Written by a registered dietitian and packed with scientifically proven techniques, helpful strategies and delicious recipes, this book offers simple steps to boost your body’s natural collagen production. Pam Schoenfeld reveals ways to keep skin more youthful, hair stronger and bones more resilient, explaining everything you need to know about collagen, including:
• What it is and how your body utilizes it
• Why you need collagen protein in your diet
• How it supports wellness, beauty, and good health
• How to utilize collagen to better manage weight and blood sugar issues
• How collagen can support your antioxidant and inflammation defenses
• How much to consume daily and which foods naturally contain it
• How to choose an effective supplement
• What other nutrients and foods support your body's collagen production
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Pam Schoenfeld is passionate about the power of nutrition to enhance both the quality and quantity of life.At the age of 42, she discovered the ancestral way of eating and saw amazing improvements in her own health and vitality.Part of her new way of eating was to include more foods rich in collagen.Inspired by the positive changes in her own life, she enrolled in graduate program for nutrition and became a registered dietitian nutritionist at the age of 50.Pam runs a busy, functional nutrition practice in Raleigh, North Carolina focusing on women’s health at every age.