• Artists interested in graphic novels, comic book illustration, or computer game graphics will find a veritable course load of instruction in this mega-fantasy art manual. Combining the best of three of Barron's top fantasy art titles, The Compendium of Fantasy Art Techniques presents easy-to follow instructions and step-by-step illustrations that will teach readers the essential techniques for creating the fantasy world of their dreams. Included is content from:
• Drawing & Painting Fantasy Landscapes and CityscapesAward-winning science fiction and fantasy artist Rob Alexander instructs readers on creating landscapes that evoke myths and legends, lost empires, futuristic planets, dramatic dreamscapes, underwater worlds, and subterranean cities.
• Drawing & Painting Fantasy BeastsKevin Walker covers basic anatomical forms of animals in nature, then teaches the reader how to distort these shapes to create fantastic beasts from literature and legend, double-headed sea monsters and serpents, satyrs, centaurs, dragons, and demons.
• Drawing & Painting Fantasy FiguresNoted fantasy artist Finlay Cowen coaches students in the creation of heroes and heroines, villains and wizards, dragons, and manlike beasts with techniques for drawing characters with special attention to their faces, bodies, action, and costume styles.
• Along with a review of essential tools and techniques, tips for developing ideas, and gallery after gallery of more than 650 stunning images, this comprehensive book is an incredible value for fantasy artists of all levels.
|Publisher:||Barron's Educational Series, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||11.00(w) x 8.60(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Rob Alexander paints fine art, fantasy, children's illustrations, and more. He has received numerous awards, including a Chesley Award from the Association of Science Fiction and Fantasy Artists.
Finlay Cowan has worked as a designer for Pink Floyd since 1993. He owns a café-cinema of his own design in London, and is co-founder of a London film studio.
Kevin Walker has spent several years writing and illustrating comic strips, graphic novels, computer games, and collectible cards for 2000 AD, DC Comics, Dark Horse, and Marvel.