The Complete Article Writer shows you how to get from a potential article idea to a finished, publishable article, written for a specific readership.
The Complete Article Writer began life as a series of eight step-by-step workshops that took delegates through the process of creating a publishable article.
In book format, its aim is the same: to show you how to get from a potential idea to a finished article written for a specific readership.
The Complete Article Writer explores:
- article ideas: generating ideas and maximising their potential
- magazine analysis: identifying your potential readers and the aspects of your idea that will interest them most
- article structure: choosing the best structure for your idea, and how to make it an engaging read
- creativity: adding interest and sparkle to your article
- pitching: selling your idea to an editor before you write the article
- rights: understanding the rights a magazine buys from you, and how you can re-use your ideas.
Simon Whaley's articles have appeared in a variety of publications, including BBC Countryfile, Country Walking, Lakeland Walker, The Simple Things, Cumbria, Discover Britain, British Heritage, The People's Friend, Outdoor Photography, The Observer and the Daily Express.
About the Author
Simon Whaley is a writer, author and a photographer.
Like many writers, he's had a few proper jobs along the way (high street bank, local government, civil service) but found that life as a writer suits him better. Since his first book hit the UK bestseller lists in December 2003, he's authored and contributed to several books, written hundreds of articles and seen several of his short stories published across the world.
To find out more about Simon visit his website at www.simonwhaley.co.uk.
To sign up to receive occasional newsletters visit: www.simonwhaley.co.uk/newsletter/